St John Qld receives funding from the Queensland Government to provide subsidised community transport to people aged under 65 who are transport disadvantaged due to geographic location, financial disadvantage, disability, mental health conditions or other chronic health conditions.
This includes people who have:
- A disability and are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS); or
- An NDIS plan that does not include transport; or
- An NDIS plan where the purpose for their transport need is different to that specified in their NDIS plan; or
- An NDIS plan but the participant has exhausted all of their transport funding; or
- A chronic illness, mental illness or other condition
St John Qld Transport Services offer a reliable, pre-booked and cost-effective transport solution that connects people to their community. There are no added charges for carers and plenty of room for mobility aids or other support equipment.
This service is available in north Brisbane, Redcliffe Peninsula, Caboolture, Maryborough, Hervey Bay