The St John Ambulance Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Assessment Only Course assesses your knowledge and skills to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally. You will be assessed performing CPR on an adult, a child and an infant manikin, including use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) and changing over to a second operator.
This course is for those who are confident in their skills and only want to complete the assessment. Students who are unsuccessful in achieving competency will be required to attend a full CPR course.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment with the competencies listed in the box below. Competency will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including written assessment, and observation of simulated and practical activities.
You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in First Aid
- Infection Control
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Training Materials Provided
Basic life support publication and plastic CPR wallet card
Recommended recertification period
St John Recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, that resuscitation skills are renewed every 12 months
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Key-ring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD kit, Recreational Marine Kit or Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period