Shop with ease.
St John Ambulance Qld offers supported shopping services, otherwise known as escorted or accompanied shopping for those who require some additional assistance.
Starting from just $12.00 per hour for eligible clients, this new service allows you to still physically access your favourite shops within your local suburb while having the support and assistance of a friendly St John Qld support worker. Our staff can provide assistance such as reading your grocery list, helping you to select items, carrying grocery items/pushing the trolley and loading the items into the car.
* Supported shopping services are subject to availability. Service available in Brisbane south, Brisbane north, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg and Townsville. Eligible clients can access subsidised supported shopping through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. Service operates Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays). St John Qld support workers are not able to unpack your groceries for you.
How does it work?
- Call our friendly team on 1300 785 646 and register for the service
- Let the staff know the date, time and location that you require supported shopping. (Supported shopping services need to be booked 24 hours in advance)
- A St John Qld support worker will pick you up, transport you to the shopping centre in a St John vehicle, assist you whilst shopping and return you back home
- Pay the support worker the agreed fee (St John Qld accepts cash or credit card).
Other social support services.
“The drivers in Community Services are passionate about their jobs and treat every client with the highest dignity and respect. All clients are welcome and assisted by the drivers uniquely and compassionately.” -
Registered NDIS provider
St John Ambulance Qld is a proud partner of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The NDIS is helping to support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians each day.