Need someone to shop on your behalf?
We provide a safe and accessible personalised shopping service for eligible people. This service aims to help those who would prefer to stay at home and are unable to order their groceries through other means such as online ordering.
From just $5.00 an hour a St John Qld support worker will attend your chosen supermarket within your local suburb and personally shop for your requested items, ensuring that you receive the freshest products from your favourite brands along with quality service. Our support workers take the time to ensure the items they select meet your personal needs and requirements.
* Personalised shopping services are subject to availability. Service available in Brisbane south, Brisbane north, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg and Townsville to eligible clients through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme. Service operates Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays). St John Qld support workers are not able to unpack your groceries for you. Maximum of 4 bag limit applies. Clients will be charged for the cost of the shopping bags.
How does it work?
- Call our friendly team on 1300 785 646 and register for the service
- Order your groceries over the phone with our staff and let them know what date you would like your groceries delivered (personalised shopping services need to be booked 24 hours in advance)
- A St John Qld support worker will attend your chosen supermarket and personally shop for the items as per the supplied shopping list, before delivering them to your door
- Pay the support worker for the cost of the groceries as per the receipt and agreed personalised shopping service fee (St John Qld accepts cash or credit card).
"St John Ambulance Qld will have vetted their drivers, they would check their CV's. I'll be able to rely on the person who's driving."
Registered NDIS provider
St John Ambulance Qld is a proud partner of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The NDIS is helping to support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians each day.