Our support workers transport people using St John vehicles to medical appointments, shopping centres, social outings and community activities.
Community Transport provides safe and assisted door-to-door community transport to eligible people who have difficulty accessing affordable and appropriate transport.
This service operates in greater north Brisbane, Pine Rivers and Redcliffe areas, as well as Bundaberg, Maryborough, Hervey Bay and surrounding areas.
Support worker volunteers require
- Current Queensland open drivers licence and a safe driving record
- Be 25 years of age or over with at least 5 years driving experience
- National Police Check (organised by St John)
- Blue Card (organised by St John)
- Current first aid certificate or willingness to obtain one through St John
- Ability to assist people and mobility aids into the vehicle
- Awareness of and sensitivity towards people's needs and confidentiality
- Good communication skills