Do you work with heavy machinery or in a high risk work environment? A higher first aid qualification may be required to ensure your staff and employees are protected against potential dangers.
Our Occupational First Aid course equips students for emergencies in a high risk work environment and provides the skills necessary to be responsible for a first aid room.
Assessment is through a combination of practical first aid activities, written activities and a written test paper. You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
Students who have completed HLTAID003 Provide First Aid within the previous 12 months may request an exemption from day one of the course.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- Oxygen therapy and application of an AED, including equipment maintenance
- Clinical assessment in detail
- Basic anatomy of all body systems
- Risk assessment
- Managing all aspects of a first aid room
- Planning a response to a major incident
- Evaluating provision of first aid
- Eye injuries
- Lifting and moving of a casualty
- Head, neck and spinal injuries including use of spine board
- Overview of childbirth
- Emotionally disturbed casualties
- Casualties under the inﬂuence of drugs and alcohol
- Post incident management
- First aid in the context of the workplace
- Relevant first aid legislation
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
Training Materials Provided
First aid publications, bandages, plastic CPR wallet card and dressing pack.
Recommended recertification period
St John Ambulance recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every three years and resuscitation skills (HLTAID001, HLTAID007) are renewed every 12 months.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit
- Automatic external defibrillator
- Oxygen resuscitation pack
- Adult silicon resuscitators
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period