Limited time offer - free gift! Enrol and you'll receive a copy of our Australian First Aid Manual to take home with you! The book includes over 500 pages of expert advice & easy to follow steps, all with detailed colour photographs for visual assistance. While stocks last.
This course combines our flagship course with additional skills in identifying and managing the risk of asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies in the workplace.
This course covers a comprehensive range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty. It covers the most common first aid injuries and illnesses. It is suitable for both people in workplaces and members of the public who want training in first aid.
This two day course is best suited to people who work in areas where there is a heightened risk of asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Assessment is through a combination of practical first aid activities and a written test paper. You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Infection control
- Heart attack
- Wound and bleeding management
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Head and facial injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Medical emergencies
- Abdominal and chest injuries
- Heat and cold induced conditions
- Poisoning management
- Bites and stings
- Asthma, anaphylaxis and allergy overview
- Asthma and anaphylaxis signs, symptoms and triggers
- Asthma and anaphylaxis medications and devices
- Asthma and anaphylaxis action plans
- Asthma and anaphylaxis risk management planning for the workplace
- Hands-on-practice in using asthma inhalers and spacers
- Hands-on-practice adrenaline auto-injector administration (Epi-pen)
- Asthma and anaphylaxis first aid management
22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
VU21658 Manage asthma risks and emergencies in the workplace
VU21800 Provide first aid management of anaphylaxis
VU21801 Develop risk minimisation and risk management strategies for anaphylaxis
Training Materials Provided
First aid publication, bandages and plastic CPR wallet card.
Recommended recertification period
St John Ambulance recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every three years and resuscitation skills are renewed every 12 months.
St John Ambulance also recommends that the asthma and anaphylaxis competencies are renewed every 12 months.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Key-ring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD Kit, Recreational Marine Kit or Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period