Do you work with heavy machinery or in a high risk work environment? A higher first aid qualification may be required to ensure your staff and employees are protected against potential dangers.
Our Occupational First Aid course equips students for emergencies in a high risk work environment and provides the skills necessary to be responsible for a first aid room.
Note: Students undertaking this course need to have literacy skills equivalent to year ten English.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- Primary assessment of a casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of soft bag resuscitator
- Administration of oxygen
- Oxygen delivery systems
- Maintenance of oxygen
- Infection control
- Basic anatomy – body and musculoskeletal systems
- Emotionally disturbed casualties
- Drugs and alcohol
- Clinical assessment
- Poisoning and the workplace
- Lifting and moving a casualty
- Bleeding (including amputations, aseptic techniques, dressing techniques)
- Chest injuries (including blast injuries)
- Crush injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Hot and cold injuries
- Bites and stings
- Eye injuries
- Medical conditions
- Skin conditions
- Post incident management
- Role of the workplace first aider
- Workplace safety
- Risk assessment and WHS legislation
- Designing and managing a first aid room
- First aid documentation
- Planning a response to a major incident
- Major incident debriefing
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
HLTSS00027 Occupational first aid skill set
While there are no prerequisites, e-Learning material is provided to students before the course begins. Students are required to complete the e-Learning prior to the course. A link will be provided to students when they receive their booking confirmation email.
Training Materials Provided
First aid publications, bandages, plastic CPR wallet card and dressing pack.
Recommended recertification period
The First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice recommends that first aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills, and to confirm their competence to provide first aid.
Refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually, and all other first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit
- Automatic external defibrillator
- Oxygen resuscitation pack
- Adult silicon resuscitators
- Spinal boards
- First aid room equipment
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period