This course provides high level first aid skills.
Students will go beyond our standard Provide First Aid course and gain a broader understanding of the human anatomy and additional skills to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
In this hands-on three day course, students will learn how to utilise specialised first aid equipment, stabilise a casualty where medical aid has been delayed, maintain life of an unconscious casualty with the use of oxygen equipment and operate a defibrillator unit in order to maintain life in an adult casualty in cardiac arrest.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- Primary assessment of a casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- Preparation of casualty and safety when using an AED
- Use of soft bag resuscitator
- Administration of oxygen
- Oxygen delivery systems
- Maintenance of oxygen and AEDs
- Infection control
- Basic anatomy – body and musculoskeletal systems
- Emotionally disturbed casualties
- Drugs and alcohol
- Clinical assessment
- Poisoning and the workplace
- Lifting and moving a casualty
- Bleeding (including amputations, aseptic techniques, dressing techniques)
- Chest injuries (including blast injuries)
- Crush injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Hot and cold injuries
- Bites and stings
- Eye injuries
- Medical conditions
- Skin conditions
- Post incident management
- Emergency childbirth
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
While there are no prerequisites, e-Learning material is provided to students before the course begins. Student are required to complete the e-Learning prior to the course. A link will be provided to students when they receive their booking confirmation email.
Training Materials Provided
First aid publications, bandages and plastic CPR wallet card.
Recommended recertification period
The First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice recommends that first aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills, and to confirm their competence to provide first aid.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends training in CPR and Provide Advanced Resuscitation annually to maintain relevant skills. Other units of competency within this course, are recommended to be undertaken every three years.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Medium or Large Leisure Kit
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit
- Oxygen resuscitation pack
- Adult silicon resuscitators
- Automated external defibrillator
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period