Enhance your standard first aid course by learning about asthma and anaphylaxis.
Our Provide First Aid Plus+ course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. This course also contains specific units on asthma and anaphylaxis including the skills and knowledge to develop asthma and anaphylaxis risk assessment and emergency management plans.
Our Provide First Aid Plus+ is ideal for the workplace whose staff may be required to respond to a first aid emergency including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This course also meets all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care National Regulations, and the Queensland Education and Care Services Act and Regulations.
Please see the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority website and relevant state bodies for more information.
Note: Students undertaking this course need to have literacy skills equivalent to year ten English.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious, breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies including chest pain, asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, strokes, seizures, hyperventilation and fainting
- Heat and cold induced illness
- Safety and risk management
- Strains, sprains, dislocations and fractures
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Legal issues
- Infection control
- First aid kits
22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Training Materials Provided
First aid publication, bandages and plastic CPR wallet card.
Recommended recertification period
The First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice recommends that first aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills and to confirm their competence to provide first aid.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends training in CPR annually to maintain relevant skills. Other units of competency within this course are recommended to be undertaken every three years.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Key-ring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD Kit, Recreational Marine Kit or Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period