This course combines our popular CPR course with training in managing the risk of asthma and anaphylaxis in the workplace, as well as dealing with associated emergencies.
You will develop the skills to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally. You will have the knowledge and confidence to perform CPR on an adult, child and an infant, to describe alternative methods for delivering rescue breaths and how to manage a victim of drowning.
You will also gain the confidence, knowledge and skills to recognise and manage asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies including the use of the asthma inhaler and the adrenaline auto-injector.
Assessment is through a combination of practical first aid activities and a written test paper. You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Asthma, anaphylaxis and allergy overview
- Asthma and anaphylaxis signs, symptoms and triggers
- Asthma and anaphylaxis medications and devices
- Asthma and anaphylaxis action plans
- Asthma and anaphylaxis risk management planning for the workplace
- Hands-on-practice in using asthma inhalers and spacers
- Hands-on-practice adrenaline auto-injector administration (Epi-pen)
- Asthma and anaphylaxis first aid management
22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Training Materials Provided
Basic life support publication and plastic CPR wallet card
Recommended recertification period
St John Ambulance recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, that first aid skills are renewed every three years and resuscitation skills are renewed every 12 months.
St John Ambulance also recommends that the asthma and anaphylaxis competencies are renewed every 12 months.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD Kit, Recreational Marine Kit or Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
- Automated external defibrillator (AED)
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period