The St John Ambulance Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course gives you the skills to perform CPR on a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally. You will have confidence in your knowledge and skills to perform CPR on an adult, a child and an infant, and be able to describe alternative methods for delivering rescue breaths and how to manage a victim of drowning.
Assessment is through a combination of practical first aid activities and a written test paper. You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Infection control
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Training Materials Provided
Basic life support publication and plastic CPR wallet card
Recommended recertification period
St John recommends, as per the First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice and the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines, that resuscitation skills are renewed every 12 months.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD Kit, Recreational Marine Kit or Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period