Do you work with children and need to be come first aid qualified?
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
It applies to educators and support staff working within an education and child care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This course meets all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law and the Education and Care National Regulations, and the Queensland Education and Care Services Act and Regulations.
Note: Students undertaking this course need to have literacy skills equivalent to year ten English.
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious, breathing casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies
- Heat and cold induced illness
- Safety and risk management
- Strains, sprains, dislocations and fractures
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Legal issues
- Infection control
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
While there are no prerequisites, e-Learning material is provided to students before the courses begins. Student are required to complete the e-Learning prior to the course. A link will be provided to students when they receive their booking confirmation email.
Training Materials Provided
First aid publication, bandages and plastic CPR wallet card.
Recommended recertification period
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommendations training in CPR annually to maintain relevant skills. Other units of competency within this course are recommended to be undertaken every three years.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Personal, Small, Medium or Large Leisure Kit (for the home and car)
- Standard or Medium Workplace Kit (for industry)
- Off-Road 4WD Kit, Recreational Marine Kit and Motoring Kit (for the great outdoors)
- Automated external defibrillator
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period