Imagine your colleague or teammate collapses from a sudden cardiac arrest, do you have the training to keep him alive before medical help arrives?
If not, a simple first aid course could save you the lifelong heartache of remembering the person you couldn’t help.
Enrol before March 5 with the state’s largest first aid provider, St John Ambulance, and get 50% off first aid courses suitable for workplaces, organisations and clubs. Courses can be completed anytime before June 30, and are available at many locations across Queensland.
To make it even easier, the course has been fast tracked into a one day course with an e-learning component and still provides the minimum qualification by Workplace Health & Safety legislation for the workplace first aider.
“It is heartbreaking that there are still deaths in workplaces when we know they can so often be prevented by administering easily learned first aid to the person in need before the arrival of medical help,” said St John Ambulance (Qld) CEO, Mr Alex Hutton.
“With the number of hours people spend at work, there is always a chance that an emergency situation could occur, such as a cardiac arrest which can hit anyone regardless of age or fitness.”
“I urge all Queensland employers and employees to take advantage of this massive discount and learn CPR, defibrillation and first aid so they are not helpless in an emergency. Families want their loved ones to come home at the end of the day.”
Sale courses available are also suitable for people needing to complete their annual renewal or just wanting to learn first aid for everyday use. Enrol today at www.stjohnqld.com.au and join St John in its mission to break the barrier between life and death in emergency situations.
You might help a work mate make it home to his family one day.
# / ENDS / #
About St John Ambulance
St John Ambulance Australia is a self-funded charitable organisation with one very dedicated purpose; to prevent and relieve sickness and injury and to act to enhance the health and wellbeing of all people. How does St John Ambulance do this? By providing quality first aid products, services and training for our communities.
- St John Ambulance (Qld) is the state’s largest first aid provider and trains an average 153 people every day across the state of Queensland.
- First aid skills need to be renewed annually by booking a St John First Aid refresher course.
- 94% of Australians are unsure of their ability to help in an emergency. (http://www.stjohnambulance.com.au/docs/faf_downloads/primary-school-dlbrochure.pdf)
- This first ever first aid training sale is available to all Queenslanders.
- 600,000 households will receive the first aid training sale postcard with a promotionalcode from this Saturday 18 February 2017.
General Manager Marketing and Business Services
St John Ambulance Australia Queensland Limited
225 St Pauls Terrace
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
T: 0417 785 228